SensoriaPro is our unique, informal gathering of composers, filmmakers, music publishers, music supervisors, games developers and festivals all under one roof to discuss the latest innovations in music and the moving image. The event takes place over 2 days Thursday 1 & Friday 2 October in Sheffield and is a must-attend event with a stunning line up of speakers, direct access to international buyers and informal, friendly networking.
Thursday 1 October
* Vive Le Venue – Sustaining Live Music 10:30 – 11:45
With guest speakers Beverley Whitrick (Music Venues Trust), Kelly Wood (Live Performance Official, MU) , Tim Arnold (Save SoHo), James O’Hara (Picture House Social / Great Gatsby) and chair John Robb.
* Film Music Production Masterclass 10:30 – 12:10
With screen composer Chad Hobson, whose credits include Adulthood, Legally High, Stardust, Hannibal Rising and Battle of Haditha. Chad will be joined by Grammy Award winner Steve McLaughlin who has produced, recorded and mixed scores for over 140 major feature films, including Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves and Die Hard.
In association with PRS for Music
* Festival Fever – Have Music Festivals Peaked? 12:20 – 13:30
With guests including Yvette Chivers (Electronic Sound), Paul Reed (AIF), Oliver Jones (Deer Shed) and Kate Hewett (Tramlines).
* The Sky’s The Limit – Music For Games 14:30 – 15:40
Paul Wolinski & Joe Shrewsbury of 65daysofstatic in discussion with Alex Amsel (Novus4) about writing music for the upcoming science fiction video game No Man’s Sky.
* Doing it Live – Commissioning Live Cinema 15:50 – 17:00
With guests Lisa Brook (Live Cinema), Julia Benfield (Sneaky Experience), Sarah Atkinson (University of Brighton) & Jo Wingate (Sensoria).
* What Makes A Music City? 17:30 – 18:30
With Amy Terrill (Vice President Public Affairs, Music Canada) & Shain Shapiro (Sound Diplomacy, Music Cities Convention). Moderated by Dave Haslam (author/DJ).
In association with the University of Sheffield
Friday 2 October
* Choose Life, Choose a Score – Scoring Contest 10:30 – 11:45
A unique opportunity for delegates to score or place music to the opening sequence from Trainspotting with the chance to have their submissions critiqued at SensoriaPro by a panel of industry experts including Ian Neil (Sony), Will Quiney (Empire Design) & Kirsteen McLean (Discovery).
* Cutting through the noise: Getting your music covered by the press 12:00 – 13:00
With Laura Snapes (Pitchfork, UNCUT, NME, Guardian) David Stubbs (Freelance writer and author) Abi Bliss (WIRE Magazine) & Rhian Jones (Guardian, MusicAlly, Music Business Worldwide)
* Music Clearance For Filmmakers 12:15 – 13:00
A practical guidance from Ian Neil (Sony).
* Anatomy Of A Great Music Video 13:45 – 15:00
Led by Caroline Bottomley (Radar) with Mike O’Keefe (Sony).
* Writing Music For Archive Film 13:45 – 14:45
Leading silent film accompanist Stephen Horne joins Nigel Humberstone to discuss the various aspects and opportunities of composing for this medium.
* If It’s Played. It’s Paid. A Fairer Future For Music 15:00 – 16:30
With guests including Crispin Hunt, journalist Rhian Jones & Daniel Jones (PRS for Music).
* Discounted affiliate rates available for paid-up members of AIM, BASCA, BPI, MPA, AIF, PRS for Music, FAC, PPL, Screened Music Network, MMF, PCAM, MPG, & Musicians Union.
* The price includes close of play refreshments each day.
* Concessionary passes are available to full time students and registered claimants.
Proof of status must be provided at the registration desk on the day.
Discounted rate offered for group bookings of 8 people or more – please contact email@example.com